I found this movie questionnaire blogathon on the always brilliant flixchatter and thought I would give it a go. It was originated by Alexander from Cinemaniac Reviews, a site that is new to me but on the strength of what I have read so far will be checking out again. that’s enough rambling here are my answers:
1. What’s your favourite movie?
2. Least favourite movie?
I don’t think I have one, I hate The Sixth Sense and I hate that so many people love it but there are far worse films than that.
3. Name one movie you loved upon initial viewing but eventually grew to hate (or vice-versa).
I don’t think there is one, once I form an opinion I tend to stick with it.
4. Name your biggest guilty pleasure film.
5. Favourite quote from a favourite actor/actress (must be a line from a movie)?
“Now you listen to me, I’m an advertising man, not a red herring. I’ve got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don’t intend to disappoint them all by getting myself “slightly” killed” Roger Thornhill, North by Northwest
6. Favourite quote from a favourite actor/actress (must NOT be a line from a movie)?
Suggesting an alternative to Dustin Hoffman who had slept outside his trailer as part of his method acting technique on the set of Marathon Man “Dear boy, it’s called acting”
7. Three favourite movie scenes?
Too many to chose from but I love all these:
Henry Fonda stabbing the knife into the table in 12 Angry Men
The Skydiving scene in Fandango
The diner conversation/scene in Reservoir Dogs
8. Four films that should NOT have won Best Picture?
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
9. Top five of the year (currently)?
The Dark Knight Rises
The Hunger Games
10. Bottom three of the year (currently)?
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
The Iron Lady
The Darkest Hour
11. What film gets your vote for the worst or most pointless remake?
It hasn’t happened yet but I keep hearing about a remake of Oldboy, don’t do it!
12. Is there any film you think is actually desperate for a remake?
13. Name your three favourite film heroes/heroines.
14. Name your three favourite film villains.
Hans Gruber – Die Hard
Stansfield – Leon
15. Best sequel?
The Godfather: Part II – obvious choice but the right one!
16. Worst sequel?
Highlander 2 -it completely rewrites the mythology of the first film
17. Best trilogy?
I would have said Star Wars but am leaning towards Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy
18. Worst trilogy?
19. What’s your favourite word to use in a movie review (if your film blog does not feature reviews, substitute “review” with “-related post”?)
I don’t have a favourite but my most overused word is probably cliché or clichéd, this in itself is probably a cliché.
20. Anything else?
Glad to see all the love for Moonrise Kingdom in other peoples top five of the year to date.